Tuesday, April 8, 2014

HELP! High school prom info needed

I've never been to a prom and have only the vaguest ideas of what goes on. So I don't know whether the people who go are a cross-section of the student body or just certain groups of students. I don't know whether the atmosphere tends more toward fun, ceremony or 'we're outta here' (or something I haven't even thought of yet). 
A few details I'm needing at the moment are-
  • which Sat. in April 1988 the prom would have been held
  • the approx. hours (8:00-midnight, etc.)
  • about how many people would have attended
  • the 'agenda' for the evening
  • live music vs. DJ
  • anything that made this particular prom stand out from previous ones
  • planned or scheduled events before or after the prom that were in any linked to the prom (or attending the prom)
NOTE: My book is purely a work of fiction. I am not researching actual people who attended as a basis for any characters that will appear in the book. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

If you know someone I should be contacting, I would really appreciate that also. (Please specify if I may or may not tell them you referred me to them.)

Please leave a comment on anything you think would be helpful. Or email me at-

incurableoptimist@chuckpierson.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment